Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 2: MTC-That book is awesome!


Hello my family,

How is everyone? I'm doing well. Life at the MTC is... repetitive. It’s food, class, food, class, food, class, sleep, repeat. P-day is the best because I don't have class until later. Class itself isn't bad; the language is hard to get a hold off, but that's true for every language I’m sure. The spirit here is wonderful. You can feel it all the time and everything we do involves it and invites it. Well except for at night, we get somewhat wild and I’m sure the spirit goes to bed way before we do. We are doing a terrible job of following the bedtime rules. Our district became the chill district or something, we always have people in our apartment, and we have like 4 extra chairs from who knows where. Last night an elder was about to stay the night with us and brought a pillow and everything. Kind of weird. There’s a bit of stupid drama that goes on with other districts, but ours is fine. I’ll put some pictures I took of us in front of the temple and I’ll name everyone.
This week has been good. We got into the routine and now everything is pretty easy and we know what’s going on. We are teaching 2 fake investigators now- that’s always a challenge. My companion Elder M and I are trying to get away from using notes and instead teaching with our really, really bad Tongan. But you know that's life. How is it going on the home front? I love to hear from you guys! You can dear elder me too. I don't know how it works, but my mom does.
I had this really, really sweet experience when I was reading the Book of Mormon; well actually I’ve had quite a few. That book is awesome!!!! Once I actually invested in it and started reading it and applying it I have learned so much and it invites the spirit like nothing else. Anyways, so I read 2nd nifia veehe 9 and, wow, the spirit was strong! That chapter is probably boring to everyone, but I loved it and I’ve re read it probably 3 or 4 times in a row. I encourage you all the read and listen to it. So much stuff! I went to the temple today, always a grand experience. Everything about here is pretty awesome except how much class. 5 weeks left... hope I can make it haha. Have a good one! Ofa atu!
BTW! My nametag in Tonga will say "Eleta Sitaka." It also has some accents, but I don't know how to type that. 

Sitaka out

Owen and his District

Owen and his MTC companion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment