Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 3: MTC-I still can't sing worth a darn

Hey what is up my family!!

It seems like forever in between each time I email and it also feels like the weeks are simply flying by! I think I don't notice the days go by because they are pretty much all the same. I'm learning a lot though so that's good! Tongan is hard, but I’m doing well. I still can't sing worth a darn and Tonga has a bunch of hymns special to Tonga, so I don't even know the tunes. Yeah, it's rough. In my class I’m pretty good at Tongan compared to other people, but I still really suck. 6 weeks is not enough time to learn a language. My trainer is going to be in for a surprise. I think everyone suffers a little bit, however, and so I don't think I’ll be anything special.
Devotionals are cool. We had a BYU football player who did a presentation at the stake youth conference. Chad Lewis- he's pretty cool. We've had a member of the 70 and the president of the 70, L Whitney Clayton.
This week has been good; I love the packages I’ve gotten. I love the cookies! They are the best!!! Jake is really funny and I miss the family. We take a temple walk every Sunday and take pictures. I got my pictures and now my entire mission is to be doing awkward stuff in other people's photos, just in the background. It’s really funny! And when people ask me to take a picture, I pull a Turley and take a selfie first instead! It’s funny watching people when they notice. I leave on November 15 I believe. It’s gonna be exciting!
I’ve gotten into the groove here so it's very easy and not much goes on. I’ll add some pictures once I get my card reader back. My companion is using it right now. I’ve been getting along great with my companion! We don't talk a ton, which is fine cause I’m a quiet guy. We also work well on lessons together and teach pretty decent. Neither of our Tongan is not the greatest, but everyone kind of sucks too. My district is great! We are all good friends and a lot of us are going to Utah State after our mission! Maybe I’ll have some friends. Maybe not. Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday are the best here. Sunday we don't really have class, Tuesday we have a devotional and Friday is P-day. We wake up at 5 am and go wash our clothes and what not. Doing laundry is actually fun. I enjoy it cause it's all clean and I can fold it all nice and put it away and it smells good. My mom's genes obviously. I also love gym every day. I work out a ton because if I don't I’ll get super fat! Everyone here is putting on weight. I’m staying roughly the same so that's good! Getting in shape too I think. I run anywhere from 1-5 miles. I like spin biking a lot so I don't know how to calculate that. The machine says I bike like 10 miles or whatever.
Anyways I don't really have much left to say... Thank you all for the emails! I’m sorry about Laura’s chickens. How are our chickens? Have the others started to lay?


Eleta Sitaki out



No comments:

Post a Comment