Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 4: MTC- It’s like a challenge

Heyyy! What’s up my family? How’s is y'all doing? Any funny stories? Any terrible accident's I’m being inconsiderate of? I’ve been doing well this week. I’ve been kind of crazy up and down, but not too bad. I think I’m subconsciously stressing out about going to some island in the middle of nowhere, where I can't speak the language and everything will be stolen, but if I don't think about it I’m fine. The language is come pretty decently. I’m going to be terrible when I get there. I taught a returned missionary from Tonga and I didn't understand a word he said so.. Yeah. I can bear my Testimony though! oku ou fakamo'oni atu! oku ou 'ilo ko 'e 'Otua ko 'etau 'e Tamai Hevani 'ofa. oku ou 'ilo oku ofa 'e he 'Otua kiate kitautolu. oku ou 'ilo kapau te tau lava 'o lotu, Oku tali 'e he 'Otua. 'I he huafa 'o Sisu Kalaisi Emeni. Short but sweet!
So this week has been a roller coaster! I teach a bad lesson and the whole day is ruined, or I then teach a good lesson and I’m a champ. I don't know what to think half the time. When I get to Tonga I’m going to be so quiet! Exercise wise I’ve been going crazy with the cardio, that's all I do now. Just run on the track or do a machine or something. I’m like paranoid with how much the feed us; I don't want to be fat. I’ve dropped about 8lbs already from when I got here so that's good!
It’s starting to get cold in Utah, not bad, but just a little chilly. Really loving those sweaters we got from the thrift shop! Totally worth it for the 6 weeks I’m here.
I had some really spiritual experiences in the temple, but I don't want to talk about that via email. Otherwise the Spirit is kind of just here. Prayers are being answered daily and you really gain a testimony that God is there and answers prayers. Also, you know you mean it when you feel the Spirit when you’re testifying in Tongan because half the time I don't even know what I’m saying. We had Neil L. Anderson come give a devotional! That was really good! He was answering prayers left and right and I swear he was always looking at me, or at least in my general direction when he said the stuff that I needed. The devotionals are the best! I love hearing what these guys have to say. Another cool thing is my Branch President looks exactly like Gordon B Hinckley. I asked him and he said he is President Hinckley’s nephew. His granddaughter is going to Nicaragua Managua north too, pretty cool! Not bad looking either. ;) But I don't have time for girls. 
Now that's I’m starting too see the big picture of the mission I’m starting to realize how much work it is. It’s a lot by the way. If you’re dedicated it's not going to be fakapikopiko. That means lazy, now if you want to serve with honor you need to work hard. It's totally worth it and I’m excited. It’s like a challenge; can I work hard for 2 years? I don't know. But I’m gonna find out and it's gonna be fun! I love writing actually postal letters so if anyone wants to mail give me your address and I’ll write you! I’ll send some pictures too!
For some reason my room is the party room. Literally anytime anyone who is somewhat Tongan is about to leave; there is a huge party in my room. Someone always bring the Ukulele, Everyone is singing and making up songs and laughing and eating candy and food and whatever. I'm totally fine except it happens all the time and they don't leave until like midnight. Mission rules are lights out at 10:30 and it gets missed all the time. I’m so tired our whole class falls asleep a lot. We will get elders from other buildings coming over to sing and stuff. The Spanish room beneath ours gets pissed too and they have written us notes telling us to be quiet.



Love Elder Sitaki

This is a Prank we pulled on the New Elders. We snuck around at night, Whole zone, and moved all the furniture in front of their door. Classic. Same thing happened to us when we got there except we stay up way late talking and so we caught them in the act.   



This is a picture of Elder Kannon and I. He's going New Zealand but he's like my best friend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment