Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 10: Office- A Small Miracle

Dear home,
Thank you all for the emails you wrote me this week. I really appreciate the love and support and I love hearing the stories from home home? This week has been a blast. I didn't take any really good pictures so I don't really have anything to send today. Kataki (sorry). This week started out really funny, we were doing our morning study and we get a call from president. I was like oh dang, here comes trouble! We answer the phone, and president happened to tell us our food came to the office. We were all keyed up for something major to happen and instead it was our mission president telling us someone brought us food. I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny. The next day he sent a text saying he wanted to interview us in the half an hour, which was fun. Just a regular interview, nothing exciting.
We kind of just had a regular week, lots of office work. I’m still organizing the office but I’m running out of room to put stuff, so I don't know what I’m going to do, oh well. Our area is small but we've been setting up days with people to bring kau fiefanongo (investigators) so we can teach. We’ve had some success; I think we have a lesson on Sunday for sure. The guy sounds a little crazy but that will just make it more fun ehh? We plan to share about family history with him. Hopefully that will peak his interest.
So updating my investigator, S. He's been doing really well. We keep forgetting to bring a member with us when we go and teach him but he's been responding really well. It's weird, he is recognizing all the blessings in his life from what we are teaching and tells us that he feels closer to God and he feels good when we teach him. He’s improving the quality of his life, but he hasn't decided if it's the will of God to join our church. We will keep teaching him and hopefully he will understand I guess. We really need to him read the Book of Mormon. We teach about it probably every lesson and commit him to read every time, and he always says yes, but he hasn't done it yet. So frustrating. We love this guy and he's so ready and he pays attention and loves the lessons, but he hasn't read yet. Hopefully he will get an answer to his prayer and know this is the will of God.
On the other hand, today we had a miracle. We were just hanging out for p-day, (took a nap). We had just woken up and were preparing to go email, and all the sudden we get a call. It was the family in our ward that brought T. They called us and said they had a person to teach right and they can pick us up whenever, we were like, uh okay! So we get dressed as fast as we could and made our way to their car and went to their house. If you look a map at Liahona there is a dirt road that goes out the back to a little farmhouse. That's where they live. They have this distant family relative who wasn't a member. She lives in another town, and she’s 20 soon to be 21. She accepted the first lesson with open arms, even though I suck at Tongan, She said her family was all Catholic and they wanted her to become a nun, but she didn't want to because she wants to get married eventually. She has been trying to find Mormons because she heard they support marriage. She prayed for help and then her cousin who was a member came from Alaska and brought her to this family. She totally accepted everything and promised to pray and she was really excited about it. I have hope for this one. She accepted to be papitiso (baptized) on the 23 of December (we have a zone papi (baptisms) on the 23). I'm really excited and very happy the Lord has blessed us with this opportunity. That's all I got this week, I’m excited to Skype on Christmas! I love you all and hope you all remember to pray! 


OFA ATU

No comments:

Post a Comment