Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Week 41: Vava'u- Transfers

Dear Family,

I’m at the Lord of Vava'u’s house. He’s considered royalty and he's massive, like body wise. I think he is probably 350 pounds, and not fat. I think he is the strongest man I have ever seen. Like he's so wide, I could see him tearing a car in half or wrestling a small gorilla and winning. He’s also a really diligent member. Some really inspired members and a mission president introduced him to the gospel and he's awesome; I love to talk to him.
So I got moved, but not where I expected. I got a call Wednesday morning; it was from one of the zone leaders, Elder O. He told me I was going to be the new zone leader... so that was like, whoa. I kept asking him if he was joking because Elder A and Elder L kept joking all week that I was going to be the new zone leader and then it happened. I replace a guy from Utah named Elder S who finished his mission. Elder O and I are companions and we are in charge of the entire island; we have a car and drive all over the island. There are twenty missionaries in the zone, like 8 sisters and 12 elders; they are all chill. We visit the sisters a lot... not sure how that works, but I’m junior comp so until I get the hang of stuff, I’m just following. As zone leader I get to fly every month to Tonga and have a meeting with president.
I’ve been trying to become really good friends with the Tongans and when there are a lot of missionaries I try to hang out with the Tongans. We end up laughing a lot so it's great.
Umm... I don't think I’m sending a big email out this week; I don't want to use the governor’s computer for too long. All the missionaries are over playing on his pool table for P-day. We have zone P-days and sports are back on so we have lots of fun. Life has been super crazy. When you come to pick me up (if), you'll have to come to Vava’u and see the sights. It’s really the best place in the world. My favorite place is a little town called Okoa. It’s part of the main land then connected to a little island. I have a really cool investigator named Ona who is progressing really well. I’m excited, so yeah that's my life. I drive all over the place; I’m so exhausted every day. I come home and die. So yeah, short email but I’ll get a better one next week. I love you. Thank for remembering my birthday; I set up with this one member is a town called Utui to eat giant bats on Tuesday for my birthday. I’m really excited, It’s supposed to be delicious. Yeah, so that's life.

Ofa Atu,


Elder Sitaki

No comments:

Post a Comment