Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 72: Niutoua- Visit from an Apostle

Hey Family,

So, I have an opportunity to write you guys. I didn't have a chance to do a voice recording, but I think I will try to do one every night this next week and then I’ll send you the recordings next Monday. That wat you’ll get a daily journal of my work. I hope that will work and be informative, but I don't know. Right now, I am just sitting in Kolonga, using their bishop's office to email. I haven't eaten all day which kind of sucks, but we just got some watermelon so that will tide me over until evening.
The big highlight of this week was the apostle, Elder Dale G. Renlund came to Tonga and spoke to us. We got the chance to shake his hand and he gave a pretty good talk. He spoke about all sorts of different stuff and I got a lot out of it. The interesting part was I had a plan of what I wanted to get out of his talk, and what he talked about totally did not answer my questions, but it gave me other ideas which suddenly made sense and I got a lot more out of it. I learned a lot from what he said and I think if I apply it, I’ll improve a lot more than what I had planned. It's like the verse in Jacob 4:10, where it says don't teach the Lord, but receive teaching from him. So, I got what I didn't expect, but it’s better than what I expected. All that's left is to apply it to my life.
I also can see how God gives us challenges and wants us to be faithful, even when it's really hard.
I’m going to do my best, but it gets so hard. That's about all I got today. I think I have another family to baptize. I’m working with them; it’s a widow and 3 kids who are around 15-20 years old I think. I don't know their exact ages, but I’m hoping for them. Anyways, ofa atu. I’ll get those voice things next week.



Elder Sitaki

No comments:

Post a Comment