Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Friday, March 24, 2017

Week 74: Niutoua- Like a Sunday for ten days

Hi Family,

            Some interesting things that happened: Do you remember the service project last week where we cleaned up the road in Nuku’alofa for the king’s mother’s funeral? Well, it inspired me. On Thursday, there was a Wesleyan funeral in one of our little towns so I went and got two other elders to help us. We started on one end of town and picked up all the trash on both sides of the road. It took us about an hour and a half. We also cleaned up around the cemetery and found a widow who was trying to prepare her yard for the funeral, so we helped her out as well. Along the way, a bishop from another ward saw us and began helping and so did a couple of other guys. The town of Afa looks really nice now. Everyone is super friendly here.
 So, on Thursday we met the family we just baptized, just to keep teaching them all the things they need to know to progress. We talked about the organization of the church, so they understood what prophets, apostles, seventies, and bishops are. Stuff like that. I really love their family; they are super nice.
Today for P-day, we lifted weights, did laundry and drove around running errands for some other elders. Right now the kingdom of Tonga is Tapu for ten days because the queen died. Not sure I spelled that correctly. This means that that it is like a special day; you’re not allowed to work, or be very loud- kind of like a Sunday for ten days. So no volleyball.
It’s difficult finding people to teach in Niutoua. After I baptized that big family it's pretty much been dead, everyone feels like they have done their part and we can relax for a while... so I guess I’m back to knocking on doors. The week just flies by. Transfers are on March 19th. I think I will move because I have been here forever, but I don’t know. Well, that's about it. I love you guys and hope you have a good week.

Ofa Atu,


Elder Sitaki

No comments:

Post a Comment