Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 77: Niutoua- Crash and Burn

March 27, 2017

Malo E Lelei  Family,

            So, last week I was so excited and I was bubbling over. Well, it all crashed and burned. Like a glorious airplane that caught on fire and crashed thirty minutes after take-off. It kind of sucked. We were working with this family and things were going well, and then it ended up looking like they were going to be baptized in the other stake. I don’t really understand the reasoning, but we knew that the most important thing is for them to be baptized, not necessarily where. I suppose they will just transfer their records back to where they live, who knows? So, we backed off, but it was heartbreaking. I feel really let down right now.
            Things are still good with my comp, so thats good, but this week was really hard. Like burned down to a shrub and then someone dug up the shrub and burned it again. I feel like the Lord might be trying to teach me something, and it’s not going to be easy.
            It’s crazy hot today; I’m dying in the heat.  But on the bright side, I had several good friends move into the zone. We went to sacrament in Kolonga because two young men that I’m friends with went through the temple and are preparing to go on their missions. The Bishop invited my companion and I to come speak. He said that when the zone leaders show up, they don’t just come for no reason. And I thought, “well, I kind of came for no reason,” but that’s alright and we just got up and spoke. That was fun.
            Oh, and the best part of the week was that I got to go to the temple with the family that I baptized several weeks ago. They wanted to go do baptisms for the dead. They were so excited to be in the temple and I really love it too. Well, that’s about all I’ve got this week. I love you guys.

Ofa atu,


Elder Sitaki

No comments:

Post a Comment