Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 79: Niutoua- Things are looking up

April 9, 2017


Hi family,

            I’m happy to try this recording again so that you can hear my wonderful voice and know that I am still alive. Last week I couldn't send my recording so I am sorry about that. Right now I am chilling at the church in Kolonga. We had a busy p-day; well it was a lot of me doing laundry for everyone else. But that is how you become a good leader, you do everyone else’s laundry. So yeah, another elder and I did a ton of laundry today, but it was fun because the whole time we were hanging out with a returned missionary sister. She was cool. But anyway, we finished and then I made a big haka. (It's a big thing of noodles and then we all ate.) Then the sisters called and asked us to come open their door. So, we drove over and did that and now I am back here at the church. That was pretty much my day.
             So, some interesting things that happened this week is that we had a temple session and the missionary leadership council (MLC). We all went to the temple together and then had the meeting. It was interesting because the president changed his topic and talked to us about unity. Unity in companionships and in the mission. It really hit home because my companion and I could try harder to be unified. So, since then we have been working together better and we have worked harder, which I love.
            This week had been going well. We had General Conference. I usually love conference, but these last two have been particularly difficult. I seem to get homesick, but I don’t want to talk about that right now. I did however learn a lot in the Priesthood session, so that was cool.
            Sometimes it’s hard to spend my P-days running around doing things for everyone else. I can get really frustrated, but I have repented and am trying to look at it as opportunities to show people that I love them. Hopefully I will be blessed for changing my attitude. Sometimes I can be quick to anger, but I have been trying to improve. I have a lot of hope for my area and I feel like things are looking up. I was talking to another missionary about how a mission is like a marathon. You go really hard and fast in the beginning, and then your muscles seize up and it gets hard to keep going. After a while you become accustomed to the pace and you just keep going. But now I feel like I am in the last part of my mission when I need to finish with a sprint. I can feel pretty lousy when I compare myself to others, but I just need to worry about God’s approval.
            I love you guys a lot and I’m sorry that my letters haven’t been the greatest. I can never seem to get everything done on my P-days, but I am trying. You guys are the best.

Ofa Atu,

Elder Sitaki



No comments:

Post a Comment