Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week 90: Fahefa- A baptism!

June 25, 2017

Hey,

            We had a really good week. I am super thankful to God and everyone else and want to thank you for all the prayers in my behalf.
I am still training my son, I don't know if I am the best trainer, but it has become a lot easier for me to listen to the spirit since I’ve been with him. We had a really good experience this Saturday. We went and visited this family and as we were talking the mom suddenly said that they wanted to give a gift to me and that I could baptize one of their daughters. I was like wow... okay. Well yeah, I would love to. Since then, we have taught them and worked with them and the following Saturday we baptized the little girl. My companion did the baptism, and I confirmed her on Sunday. It was super spiritual.
I feel like I understand how to give blessings now and it just feels good being an instrument in the Lord’s hands. He has helped me out with a lot of my own little weaknesses this week also and so I am just full of appreciation. I feel like I am receiving tons of blessing from this work. I don't really deserve them, but it is amazing and I love it.
We had an opportunity to listen to a member of the Seventy from Australia; that was memorable. I’ve never laughed so hard at a church meeting; it was hilarious and amazingly spiritual. I learned a ton about missionary work. As missionaries, we represent the Lord; we say what He would say to the people. To do so, we must first desire to save them (aka baptism). Second, we must know the doctrine (really truly study and understand, not just read). Third, we must recognize God's voice (like if mom calls me I will know her voice instantly, she doesn't have to introduce herself, it should be the same with God. We know what He is saying, we don't have to worry if it's just our thought or not). Fourth, we have to say what God wants us to say. We don't worry about offending people, when you love someone you can never be worried about offending them, (bold but not overbearing). So yeah, I’ve been using that and we are teaching three people that I feel confident will be baptized. I love you!


Ofa atu,


Elder Sitaki


No comments:

Post a Comment