Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 83: Fahefa- Planting Seeds

May 7, 2017

Hey family and friends!

          What's up? So, I just got moved to my new area. As of today, I have been here a week; it's pretty awesome. It's on the west side of the island and I have never been here before, but I like it here. I really like the ward, I’m pretty good friends with everyone now. The best part is I think the ward likes me too. They haven't had missionaries for a long time so everyone is happy to have us here. It's me and my companion here, his name is Elder T. He has Tongan family, but he didn't really know any of them and he doesn't speak Tongan 100% yet (funny enough. I knew his family before he did). He's been out for 7 months and he's really nice and relaxed. He's very musically talented and can play the ukulele and sing very well.
The town isn't super huge and I sometimes run out of people to teach. There weren’t any missionaries so we are starting from scratch, plus it’s been a big conference week for all the other churches. So, I did a lot of asking members to find me people to teach because I was doing a terrible job of it. But I set up weekly service projects with the ward, and English classes that I will do with the peace corps member (randomly a dude from Boise, Idaho who went to school at Bishop Kelly) twice a week. So hopefully out of all this, I get can someone to teach.
The other fun thing is I planted a garden at my house. It's tapioca and bananas with 3 sugar canes. The bad part is that I won't be here to harvest anything. That's about all, I love you all!

Ofa atu,


Elder Sitaki





No comments:

Post a Comment