Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Week 47: Vava'u- This was an awesome week

Hey people,

I hope you guys had a good week. So I’m going to try to remember all the things the happened, but I’m not sure I will.
We had a baptism this week; it was on Friday and it was that golden investigator I met right at the beginning of my work as a zone leader. Her name is O and she is really awesome. She had a lot of opposition from weird places and I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to baptism her but we set a day a couple weeks ago and we have been working towards it. It came to the Tuesday before the baptism date and Elder A and I went there to see whether or not she'd be ready. We went into the house and shared a message about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. Then I asked her if she has felt like she had changed during the time we have been teaching her. She then shared a really powerful experience and talked about how much she has changed and how much opposition she had and it was really touching. We both felt the Spirit tell us that she was ready. So we finished teaching the lessons and got her set up for baptism. I was the one who did the baptism. When I lifted her out of the water it was such a special moment; she stood, cleared the water out of her eyes, then looked at me and quietly in a humble voice said, “thank you.” Man, that blew me away. I almost hugged her. (Key word almost) I actually told her because she spoke English, I said "I’d hug you if I could, but I can't". Man... that was so awesome!
We also had another awesome experience. So if you remember that lady who didn't feel ready to be baptized, we did our fasting and a member of the seventy came. Well, we visited the lady and now she's ready to be baptized! I was like blown away. Hahaha! I've been getting blown away a lot.
I don't speak English with my companion... that is really fun; I am learning and getting a lot better at understanding. So all thumbs up. I can't really remember anything else. I love you guys. This was an awesome week.

Ofa Atu,


Elder Sitaki

No comments:

Post a Comment