Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Week 46: Vava'u- We had a miracle

Hello guys and girls,

This is Elder Stark reporting a little bit late because of transfers and things were a bit busy. So the big news for me, Elder O, the guy from California I was working with, has returned to the main island of Tonga to go work in a place called Lapaha. I received a new companion named Elder A; he is a native Tongan. He doesn't really speak much English and I haven't spoken to him in English yet, so I imagine my Tongan will improve some as we go about our labors. The mission in Vava'u has changed a little bit, there are now two zones, and so I am only the zone leader of half the island. Elder L leads the other half, if you remember I had 3 weeks with Elder L in Leimatu'a. He’s a really good guy and will do great. Right now in Vava'u there is only one car, my car, so Elder L is on foot until he can get a Tongan license and a car. So until then I’m kind of still in charge. Haha. I’m really excited about the work this transfer, Elder O and I were killer busy with all the stuff we had to do; I’ve never accomplished so much work before in my mission unless you include office work. It was pretty awesome, but with the change is management in Vava'u, I am going to lose a lot of my areas and then be reduced down to 2 or 3 I think. So the busyness I enjoyed might not be so busy, but I’m going to try my best to convert these two towns, even if I have to go scrub every inch looking for people.
So cool stories: we were teaching this couple named V (the father) and N (the mother), all the kids have moved out. V was baptized in April and has loved the church and is doing really good. N loves to listen about the church, but doesn't feel ready to be baptized. We have been trying to help her to work towards baptism, but she just doesn't want to. So Elder O and I were reduced to fasting, we fasted twice actually. And what do you know? We had a miracle. Last Saturday, a member of the Seventy came to Vava’u to do a stake conference. On Saturday he visited this family (we had nothing to do with this) and they talked about V being baptized and talked to N. Apparently N said the same thing to him; she doesn't feel ready for baptism. That Sunday the Seventy talked about the priesthood and invited V to speak and share a testimony. He did so, which was really good, and then the Seventy said after the meeting they are going to give the Melchizedek priesthood to V, and his first assignment is to bless his wife with the Seventy and the Stake President. We haven't been to their house since before Saturday, but I believe/ fervently hope something changed with that blessing.
We also have another blessing. I believe the Golden Investigator from my first day with Elder O will be baptized this Friday. We really got to help her understand the meaning of repentance and she will soon be ready. Other than that, I think that's about it. I can't think of much else work related. I’m pretty happy. Yep, so that's about it. I love you all. I’m sure I will think of more once I get off. I love you all and am grateful you support me.


Elder Sitaki




No comments:

Post a Comment