Tongan Beach

Tongan Beach

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 59: Niutoua- Lots of Baptisms

Hey,

So this is my weekly email. I know I haven't been able to write one of these for a while, but I finally got a good P-day without a ton of stuff going on and I can write a decent email. So, I had a lot of stuff happen. First, we had two baptisms in the Kolonga ward. One was an 8-year-old boy whose parents weren’t members; the other was a 16-year-old boy.  I really liked those two. They were funny and it was a really awesome baptism. Sadly, some kid played with my camera and deleted like 150 pictures, so those baptisms are lost and will have to stay only in my memory. 
Last week Monday we had transfers and I was moved to a new area; it is just the next town over and is called Niutoua. When I moved there I had a couple problems with the members and some baptisms they wanted to do, but we sorted it all out and in the end, last Wednesday there was 5 people baptized which was really cool. We then had stake conference this past weekend, I don't know why they planned a baptism on stake conference but we will just confirm the investigators a week and a half late. So yeah, that's life. During stake conference we had a funny thing happen. So our mission president came to it and at the conference there was a Wesleyan choir from the local Wesleyan church and they did the singing. After the musical number, when the mission president spoke, he made all the missionaries come stand in front so they could see the Wesleyans and invited them all to hear our message. Kind of interesting. They are really good singers though.
Well I can't think of anything else.... plus this keyboard sucks and it's laborious to type, haha. But that's a rough over view of the week. I miss my old area, but after some deep cleaning, my new house is decent. The members seems cool too, I guess we will see.
Some other stuff that happened... yeah, no, I can't remember anything else. It’s been a long way since the MTC.



Elder Sitaki



No comments:

Post a Comment